This role has significant customer interface and the ability to engage meaningfully and with self-confidence at all levels within the customer organisation and environment is essential. The successful candidate needs to be customer service focussed as first priority.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable and suitable network architectures that meet customer business objectives.
- At customer premises, configure and install various servers, network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, WiFi, VPN etc)
- Perform customer network maintenance and system upgrades including installation of service packs
- Monitor network engineering performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- 5+ years’ experience within a network support / engineering environment with a proven track record.
- Past experience dealing directly with an external customer base essential
- Min 3 years personally designing and maintaining network infrastructure systems
Education and Training
- National Diploma / Degree educated within a computer sciences discipline preferable
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
- VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization
- Cisco Certified Network Professional
Characteristics and Attributes
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively with minimum to no supervision
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Above average written and verbal communication skills and ability to have effective and meaningful conversations at all levels and designations of an organisation
- Good general knowledge base
- Engaging and open
- Personal grooming and presentation is non-negotiable
- Polite, well-spoken and amiable