This is a part-time position based with my client in Fourways. Two days per week full day.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains financial and accounting system by posting transactions whilst ensuring legal compliance.
- Develops system to define bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Some petty cash and payroll support
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Bookkeeping Certificate
- 3 years bookkeeping experience
- Experience managing books on Pastel
- Amiable and able to get on well in a team environment
- Good time manager and able to prioritise
- Presentable and well groomed